Sunday, October 21, 2007

Time for another comment drawing!




As last months hand spun yarn drawing was so fun, I am going to offer it again! All you need to do is post a comment, or send me an email, and I will enter your name. I feel that I have two new friends from this experience, LDS Venus and Delighted Hands, aka Vicky and Cindy.


Cindy won the yarn last month and made a lovely pair of wrist warmers. Check out her blog at http://delightedhands.blogspot.com/.


Thanks to everyone who has voted in the poll. It seems many of us are in the same state of Hope/denial. I have to admit that I can't seem to stop knitting for myself long enough to knit up those gifts. I know all of you are not selfish like me and will persevere to the end and be met with cries of delight on Christmas morning.


My latest obsession is toe up socks. I began Brenda Daynes Hellfire and Brimstone socks yesterday. It is here http://www.cast-on.com/?page_id=160 under the title Brother Amos. Be sure to donate and get your copy. Just remember, it is in British pounds which means if you donate 5, you will pay 10 in US dollars.
I am using a red multi colored sock yarn from Pattons that I bought in Pinetop. As I was flogging myself with guilt over starting another project for ME, I realized, "Hey, this yarn was to be socks for ANN. She picked it out. So, for the guilt abatement record these socks will be knit and given to Ann. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


For more suppport in this new endevor, I am going to be joining http://myfirsttoeups.blogspot.com/ that I found thanks to Cindy's profile. Another reason to make friends in this online knitting community! We all have such diverse groups and things we know about, we can continually help each other.





4 comments:

busyknitting said...

Don't despair! Keep trying. It took me a long time to wrap my little brain around the transition from dpn's to two circs. now that The light has finally dawned I really enjoy this method. Your hand-spun yarn is so pretty! Very nice blog. karen in MI

La Duchesse said...

You do such gorgeous work! Do you use a spindle or a wheel or combinations of the two?

I have yet to master toe-up socks. Tried it once and the toe ended up looking very much like a knitted diaphragm... not at all what I was aiming for!

Anonymous said...

It is so difficult for me to start holiday gift knitting. It means I have to select yarn from my ever-growing stash that will ultimately be given away. It is so very hard for me to part with these beauties! Is a dilemma!

Delighted Hands said...

Love to knit toe-ups-glad you are trying them,too! I really love to knit socks on 1 long circular, though-give that a try(KnitPicks has the best needle for this!) I am so glad you are doing another drawing-what a fun way it was to meet a friend!